Tuesday, September 10, 2013

We Don't Know What We Don't Know



I’m stubborn and I can say with 100% certainty that I never would have joined one of our finance boot camps if I didn't work here. But I do, I'm in a boot camp and it's phenomenal!

A summary of how I got here:
  • I’ve managed my money just fine all of these years by myself.
  • I freely discuss money with my husband, friends, family and sometimes even with strangers.
  • All things considered, my finances are good. But I know they can always be better.
  • I participated in one of our free sample boot camp calls as part of my interviewing process, because the best way to understand, is to experience it. I realized that this is cool and got a peek into how this helps people.
  • I read, think and talk about personal finance all day, every day now. And that should be enough, except it's so easy to just focus on the things that I want to focus on.
  • I joined a boot camp and my blinders came off. Every session opened my eyes more and more.
  • Last week was my hot seat, which means we talked all about me and my money for an hour and a half. Honestly, I was dreading this for a variety of reasons. Turns out that it’s amazing! Inspirational even. And I now see the light. Oh yeah!

I wrote an entire blog about the details, but this isn’t about the details. This is about not knowing what you don’t know and doing something out of your comfort zone because it may be the one thing that changes your life for the better. 

No matter how you're doing financially, right now, you could be doing better.

-Leah Schonlank

Finance Gym offers personal finance coaching in professionally facilitated peer-advisory groups. 


Are you ready to reach your financial goals? Get motivated. Get support. Get results!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment