Tuesday, September 29, 2015

How to Save Money & Get Out of Debt - Action Plan - Part 1



Welcome to the Finance Gym Action Plan for a Better Life with Money. If you’re ready to not just know better but do better with your money, you’ve come to the right place.

Today is the first video in the series and because it’s the first one, we’re going to talk about beginnings. My financial beginning and then I’m going to ask you about your financial beginning.


So I’m just going to start out by speaking the truth. My journey with money, my path of writing this book and doing these videos is that I was in a complete financial mess and could not pull myself out of it with all of my professional financial knowledge.


I had a dirty little secret that literally no one, not my best friend, no one in my family, no one knew. I filed bankruptcy. It was my secret. There’s a lot to the story I could go into but that’s the truth. I don’t think I need to say anymore.


My financial life was that messed up and it should have gotten better after that and it did a little bit but it didn’t get better like it should have and that almost made me more ashamed that I couldn’t pull it together after wiping away a portion of my debt. I had portions of my debt that I couldn’t wipe away with bankruptcy and every time I want to just get into the story, I remember, you know, we can’t live in our stories. My whole point of what I teach and what I did to make my money life better was to just do it, to just do better, to ask for help, find somebody. Pull up a chair with them and do it with them. If you can’t do it alone, do it with somebody else.


So my question to you is, “What’s your beginning? Why are you listening to this video? If you’ve bought the book and started reading the book, why did you buy the book? What do you want to accomplish? What are your dreams around money?”


You don’t have to do this alone. In one of the chapters in the book, Date Night with Your Money, I talk about the power of tackling your next money to-dos as part of a community. If you want to be a part of our community, subscribe to these YouTube videos or join our Facebook group. Have a great day.


- Stacey Powell

Finance Gym offers personal finance coaching in professionally facilitated peer-advisory groups.
Reach your financial goals. Get motivated. Get support. Get results. Are you ready?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment