Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Resolutions: Pre-Holiday


This is a funny time of the year where it feels like things go on hold and “after the holidays...” becomes common place in daily conversations.

I find myself in this place about my current weight. I’m carrying an extra 20 pounds on me right now. And with the holidays coming up, I know there will be lots and lots of eating in my near future. My brain gives me two options:

Logical:
Lose the extra weight now. Accept that there will be weight gain over the holidays. But know that starting now will make it easier later, because I’ll only have to lose holiday weight and I’ll have an established exercise plan in place.

Procrastinator: 
Say screw it. Call it the beginning of the holidays now and deal with all the extra weight later. Knowing that it’s going to be that much harder to lose my extra 20 plus my holiday weight.

Anyone else doing this? Possibly with their money?

I have a friend that is up to her eyeballs in debt, she’s been paying it off, but the holidays are coming. So she’s taking a “break” from paying off her debt and she has come to terms with adding to her debt because “it’s the holidays.” And she’ll deal with it “after the holidays…”

We all know that it’s going to be that much harder after the holidays, right?

Why wait till the New Year? Why not resolve to change now?  

-Leah Schonlank

Want to lose a little extra weight? I'm going for a run tonight. Anyone with me? 

Want to take control of your money? We're filling a Finance Boot Camp right now. Only 3 spots left! 

Finance Gym offers personal finance coaching in professionally facilitated peer-advisory groups. 
We teach. We inspire. We support. We help people change their lives by improving their finances.

No comments:

Post a Comment