Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Talking About Money is Difficult


My dad read my last blog and asked me, “Why would you write these things for the whole world to see?” And then he pointed out, “it doesn’t make you sound good.”  

He has valid points.

The truth, especially the truth about money, isn't always pretty. I write about my money because:

I hope that my thoughts, experiences, successes, and mistakes will help others with their money.

I hope that my honesty, as unflattering as it may be, will make some people feel like they aren’t alone. And as one friend pointed out, will make others feel grateful for what they have.

I hope that it will get people to talk openly about their money, because it’s the best way to find a solution to their financial concern or simply find a better way of doing things.

I hope that people will chime in and give me advice or suggestions. Which happened this weekend and was super helpful.

He also said that the last one was too long. So, I’m keeping this one short and sweet. 

-Leah Schonlank

Finance Gym offers personal finance coaching in professionally facilitated peer-advisory groups. 
We motivate. We inspire. We support. We help people change their lives by improving their finances.

No comments:

Post a Comment